Simple things that you can do to prepare your property for sale can make a world of difference!
Easy, quick and cost-effective preparation of your property can get you a great price rather than a good price. Moreover, our assistance throughout every step of the way will ensure that you experience a comfortable, lucrative and enjoyable selling experience.
Whatever your motive for selling, the process can either be stress free and lucrative or tense and disappointing. The good news is that you have the ability to choose.
Quality properties with accurate pricing and effective marketing campaign can attract plenty of interests from prospective buyers all year round.
However, activities in real estate industry seem to increase during warmer months of the year. This is particularly more relevant for properties in the coastal areas where they are likely to yield better prices for properties.
However, with plenty of demand and shortages of supply coupled with steady return on investment properties and record low interest rate there has never been a better time to sell your property than NOW!
Presentation of Your Property
For most buyers, investing in properties are relatively long term commitments and one that require considerable financial calculations. Yet, a significant numbers of buyers get hugely influenced by presentation and outlooks of a property.
So it is important to do whatever is possible to have your property looking its absolute best on inspection day. Following things should be looked at to improve buyers appeal for your property:
- Make sure lawn(s) are mowed and in good condition
- Outside areas are clean and presented nicely
- No bad odours in the property
- Doors, windows and other features of the property are functional
- Walls are clean and free of damp and moisture
- Carpets are clean
- Property does not have excessive personal belongings.
Sale Preparation Checklist
- Ensure the property is detailed thoroughly.
- Enhance styling of your property. This helps in obtaining a higher sale price. You may seek assistance from a property stylist/ interior designer to do this.
- We recommend you to obtain a building and pest inspection report. This can be used to do necessary repair work done before putting your property on the market.
- Ensure Contract for Sale of your property is prepared by your solicitor/ conveyancer with all the essential terms and conditions. In NSW, it is a legal requirement to doso before a property is being offered for sale.
- Obtain a certificate of compliance from the Local Council if you have recently undertaken major building works.
- It is advisable to have a survey of the land and buildings available if required when selling a property.
- For currently leased properties, check the expiry date and termination requirements and advise your solicitor accordingly.
- Everything that will be included in the purchase price and remain at the property should be listed under inclusions.
- Any items that are not included in the sale price should be listed under exclusions.